The B. Ed. in Early Childhood Education prepares persons to become teachers at the Early Childhood Level of the education system. This programme prepares an individual to teach students from Pre-Primary to Grade 3. The Early childhood Programme exposes students to content and methodology to teach up to Grade 3 in the Primary School.
The B. Ed. in Early Childhood Education is offered in two modalities – full-time and part-time.
- The full-time programme is normally completed over a four-year period
- The part-time programme is normally completed over a six-year period.
The full-time programme is normally completed over a four-year period, between the hours of 8:00am- 4:00pm daily.
The part-time programme is normally completed over a five-year period, between the hours of 4:30pm to 8:30pm daily
Minimum Entry Requirements – Five CSEC/GCE
- English Language
- Social Science Subject
- Natural Science Subject and
- any other academic subject (except Electronic Document Preparation and Management (EDPM)
CXC/CSEC – Grades 1 to 3
GCE/GCSE – Grades A, B or C
City & Guilds – English and Math – Level 3
N.B. Please see Admissions for alternative/additional entry requirement options.
Documents Required for Admissions
- Completed Application Form
- Application Fee
- Birth Certificate
- CSEC/GCSE/ City & Guilds Academic Certification
- 1 Passport Size Picture
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
- 2 Recommendations
- Medical Certificate
N.B. Original and copies of documents must be presented at the submission of the application.